Skip to content

Apply for dispute resolution services

If you have a domestic building dispute, we encourage you to check your eligibility and submit an application online, including your best contact information, to receive instant confirmation and a reference number.

Your application will be assessed and you will receive a call or email to discuss your application and provide next steps.


For general enquiries, call the Building Information Line on 1300 55 75 59 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Interpreter service

For information and advice in languages other than English, call 131 450 and say the English name of your language, then ask the interpreter to call 1300 55 75 59.

National Relay Service (NRS)

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can call us through the NRS.

You can also connect to the NRS via the National Relay Service website, then ask for 1300 55 75 59.

Our location

We have an office in Melbourne CBD, however we have the resources to organise dispute resolution appointments onsite around metropolitan and regional Victoria.

Provide feedback

We're currently experiencing high demand for our service

We are increasing resources so we can continue to deliver a high quality service for all applicants.

If you have submitted an application, there will be a delay, however a Dispute Resolution Officer will contact you directly as soon as they have assessed your application.

We appreciate comments and feedback on our services.

If you wish to provide feedback or make a complaint, please include a case number (if you have one) and your contact details.

Email your feedback to

Alternatively, you can send your feedback or complaint to:

Client Services Manager
Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria
PO Box 430
Port Melbourne VIC 3207

Make a Freedom of Information request

The Freedom of Information Act 1982 gives you the right to make a freedom of information request for copies of documents held by Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria.

You have a right to make a request for:

  • documents held by Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria about your personal affairs
  • documents about the operation and activities of Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria
  • the amendment or removal of incorrect or misleading information about you that is held by Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria

Freedom of Information requests for access to information held by Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria about the personal affairs of another person will be carefully scrutinised. Exemptions from disclosure may apply to some or all such documents.

In addition, we are subject to strict non-disclosure obligations under Part 4 of the Domestic Building Contracts Act 1995, and we are also required to comply with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).

For more information including costs and how to make an application, visit the Freedom of Information section on the Department of Justice and Regulation website.

For general information about Freedom of Information, visit the Victorian Freedom of Information Commissioner website.

Was this page helpful?